7:00 at 52 Duncaster Road
1. Call to Order
2. John Stout has asked the Wintonbury Land Trust for a Proposal on the 13.1 acre property in the estate of Frances S. Stout. The property has walking path access to Penwood Park’s New England Scenic trail. This is a major link in the proposed LaSallette Trail which links the Scenic Trail with Filley Park in the Center of Bloomfield.
3. Park River Revitalization and North Central Conservation District submitted a 319 watershed grant for education project involving two land trust properties, Capewell Greene and Van Otterloo on September 15. Mary Rickel Pelletier who coordinated the grant will be a guest at the meeting.
4. Review of Properties
a) Sustainability Grant Thrall Barn Project and WLT has received the Hamilton Sundstrand $2000 Sustainability Grant for the Thrall project. The work started on 2010 Trails Day to connect the farm road with the wetland path will be continued. Volunteers welcome; call Dale Bertoldi at 860-243-1749.
b) Michael and Naomi Cohen -26 Terry Plains Rd. 0.5 acre building lot
Welcome new members: Cheryl Fox and Jane Nadel Klein and Bradley S. Klein.
6. Vikki Reski completed a program for a Converts Coordinator which presented over four days at Great Mountain Forest's Yale Forestry Camp. The Coverts project has been running for about 20 years and is a forest wildlife education program sponsored by UCONN Cooperative Extension System, CT Forest and Parks Association, Highstead, DEP Wildlife and Forestry Departments. Vikki will be working on stewardship in the Schaffer Preserve and on forest stewardship outreach.
a) At the Library Prosser Library Tuesday, September 21, 7:00 P.M. film showing of “Parrish”, Chip Canton spoke about the Land Trust and handed out the new Wintonbury Land Trust brochure. Please appreciate our new member Robin Sherwood for the coordination of the final art work for the brochure.
b) Scheduled on Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 7:00 P.M., the Wintonbury Land Trust will present a program about its history and current projects. Chip Caton will coordinate. A short meeting will follow.
c) Presentations to ING, Town of Windsor and BIZhub. Shelly DuRocher is planning photos with Mark Hall the farmer at Thrall.
8. The “Photographic Art of Local Agriculture” show opened Sunday September 19 at Holcomb Farm. The photos will be displayed in the recently renovated Workshop building. Call Holcomb Farms at 860-844-8616 for more information. The Wintonbury and Trust has eight photos for sale in the show.6
9. New Business: Bike Tour of properties, geocaching and GIS coordinates of properties.